For the PhD Programme, applicants should have
(i) a Master's degree from a recognized university; or
(ii) graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor's degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
(iii) graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a Bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than “B”; or
(iv) completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
(v) fulfilled the 'English Language Proficiency Requirement':
The applicant should either:
1. possess a pass grade in English in one of the following examinations:
Hong Kong Advanced Level Exam. (AS Level)
Hong Kong Higher Level Exam.
CUHK Matriculation Exam., or
2. achieve Level 4 or above in the English Language subject of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination; or
3. have a degree from CUHK(SZ), or a recognized university with English as teaching language, or
4. submit one of the following original score reports/certificates for assessment by the Programme concerned:
TOEFL (not lower than 550 paper-based; 213 computer-based; and 79 internet-based)
or IELTS (Academic) (not lower than Band 6.5)
5. have obtained a recognized professional qualification awarded in Hong Kong or an English speaking country.