Prof. Zizhuo Wang is an Associate Director and Associate Professor at the Institute for Data and Decision Analytics. He obtained his bachelor's degree in Mathematics from Tsinghua University in 2007, and his Ph.D. degree in Operations Research from Stanford University in 2012. Prior in joining iDDA, he was an Associate Professor in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at University of Minnesota.
His research interests mainly focus on optimization and stochastic modeling, especially with applications to pricing and revenue management. He has published many papers in top journal in the field of operations research, and has extensive experiences in applying operations research methods in industry.
1. Guiyun Feng, Xiaobo Li and Zizhuo Wang. On the Substitutability and Complementarity of Choice Models. Operations Research Letters, 46(1): 141-146, 2017.
2. Xiao Chen, Zizhuo Wang and Hongsong Yuan. Optimal Pricing for Selling to a Multi-Period Newsvendor. Operations Research Letters, 45(5): 415-420, 2017.
3. Guiyun Feng, Xiaobo Li and Zizhuo Wang. On the Relationship between Several Discrete Choice Models. Operations Research, 65(6): 1516-1525, 2017.
4. Kameng Nip, Zhenbo Wang and Zizhuo Wang. Knapsack with Variable Weights Satisfying Linear Constraints. Journal of Global Optimization, 69(3): 713-725, 2017.
5. Ruxian Wang and Zizhuo Wang. Consumer Choice Models with Endogenous Network Effects. Management Science, 63(11): 3944-3960, 2017.
6. Dongdong Ge, Zizhuo Wang, Lai Wei, and Jiawei Zhang. An Improved Algorithm for Fixed-Hub Single Allocation Problems. Journal of the Operations Research Society of China, 5(3): 319-332, 2017.
7. Zizhuo Wang. Intertemporal Price Discrimination via Reference Price Effects. Operations Research, 64(2): 290-296, 2016.
8. Chenhao Du, William L. Cooper and Zizhuo Wang. Optimal Pricing for a Multinomial Logit Choice Model with Network Effects. Operations Research, 64(2): 441-455, 2016.
9. Kameng Nip, Zhenbo Wang and Zizhuo Wang. Scheduling under Linear Constraints. European Journal of Operational Research, 253(2): 290-297, 2016.
10. Zhengliang Xue, Zizhuo Wang and Markus Ettl. Pricing Personalized Bundles: A New Approach and An Empirical Study. Manufacturing and Service Operations Management (M&SOM), 18(1): 51-68, 2016. Finalist of the 2015 INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing Section Practice Award.
11. Zizhuo Wang and Yinyu Ye. Hidden-City Ticketing: The Cause and Impact. Transportation Science, 50(1): 288-305, 2016.
12. Zizhuo Wang, Peter W. Glynn and Yinyu Ye. Likelihood Robust Optimization for Data-Driven Problems. Computational Management Science, 13(2): 241-261, 2016.
13. Xiao Chen and Zizhuo Wang. A Dynamic Learning Algorithm for Online Matching Problems with Concave Returns. European Journal of Operational Research, 247(2): 379-388, 2015.
14. Zizhuo Wang. On Solving Convex Optimization Problems with Linear Ascending Constraints. Optimization Letters, 9(5): 819-838, 2015.
15. Shipra Agrawal, Zizhuo Wang and Yinyu Ye. A Dynamic Near-Optimal Algorithm for Online Linear Programming. Operations Research, 62(4): 876-890, 2014.
16. Zizhuo Wang, Shiming Deng and Yinyu Ye. Close the Gaps: A Learning-while-Doing Algorithm for Single-Product Revenue Management Problems. Operations Research, 62(2): 318-331, 2014.
17. Dongdong Ge, Guohua Wan, Zizhuo Wang and Jiawei Zhang. A Note on Appointment Scheduling with Piecewise Linear Cost Functions. Mathematics of Operations Research, 39(4): 1244-1251, 2014.
18. Xiaojun Chen, Dongdong Ge, Zizhuo Wang and Yinyu Ye. Complexity of Unconstrained L2-Lp Minimization. Mathematical Programming, 143(1-2): 371-383, 2014.
19. Zizhuo Wang and Ming Hu. Committed versus Contingent Pricing under Competition. Production and Operations Management, 23(11): 1919-1936, 2014.
20. Yuhang Liu, Zizhuo Wang. A Simple Policy for Multiple Queues with Size-Independent Service Times. Operations Research Letters, 41(5): 535-539, 2013.
21. Hongyang Chen, Gang Wang, Zizhuo Wang, Hing-Cheung So and H. Vincent Poor. Non-line-of-sight Node Localization based on Semi-Definite Programming in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 11(1): 108-116, 2012.
22. Shipra Agrawal, Erick Delage, Mark Peters, Zizhuo Wang and Yinyu Ye. A Unified Framework for Dynamic Prediction Market Design. Operations Research, 59(3): 550-568, 2011.
23. Zizhuo Wang, Song Zheng, Yinyu Ye and Stephen Boyd. Further Relaxations of the Semidefinite Programming Approach to Sensor Network Localization. SIAM Journal on Optimization, 19(2): 655-673, 2008.